Manchester United Hot On Lewandowski
Manchester United have moved into the lead in the race to sign Robert Lewandowski, with German magazine Kicker claiming that the Red Devils are the only club to have made a move for the striker.
The Bayern Munich hitman dropped his agent of 10 years, Cezary Kucharski, in February and replaced him with renowned transfer broker Pini Zahavi, leading to speculation that he could be eyeing a move in the summer.
Real Madrid and Chelsea are also monitoring the 29-year-old’s situation, but former Germany defender Christoph Metzelder — who spent three years at the Santiago Bernabeu — still believes a deal is unlikely to happen.
If Bayern are tempted to do business, they may use United’s interest to bump up the price for Lewandowski. The Poland international has scored 32 goals this term and is tied to the Bundesliga giants until 2021.
Salah To The Bernabeu?
Egyptian ace Salah has been a huge hit at Anfield since his arrival from Roma at the start of the season.
The £34million signing has immediately become a key player for the Reds, scoring 32 goals for the Merseyside club so far in his first season at his new club.
However, that form has alerted Spanish giants Real and he is one of the names on their list of targets before the transfer window reopens in July.
Reports in Diario Gol and El Confidencial claim the LaLiga side are keen to offload Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema this summer, with a host of world-class stars in the running to replace them at the Bernabeu.
The likes of Chelsea ace Eden Hazard, Bayern Munich frontman Robert Lewandowski and Inter Milan captain Mauro Icardi are reportedly on that list, alongside Salah, who has been one of the most prolific forwards in Europe this season.
However, according to the reports Liverpool are unwilling to even entertain any bids for their star man, who only joined them last summer.
It is suggested the Reds have already told Real representatives that it would take a bid of around €160million (£142m) to land the Egypt international.
Liverpool have reportedly indicated it will take a bid that exceeds the €160million Barcelona paid for Philippe Coutinho to land Salah, and closer to the €180m fee Paris Saint-Germain will pay to sign Kylian Mbappe from Monaco this summer.
In Other News
Wales forward Gareth Bale, 28, is set to leave Real Madrid this summer, with a return to the Premier League likely. (Diario Gol)
But RB Leipzig’s 22-year-old Germany forward Timo Werner has told United and Liverpool to forget abut trying to sign him this summer. (Mirror)
England are concerned about the fitness of Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 24, for this summer’s World Cup after he was pictured wearing a protective boot after injuring his ankle against Bournemouth. (Sun)
Chelsea and France midfielder N’Golo Kante, 26, is one of Paris St-Germain’s top summer targets. (Canal + via Goal.com)
Atletico Madrid’s France forward Antoine Griezmann, 26, has started looking for houses in Catalonia in preparation for a potential transfer to Barcelona. (Marca)
But Atletico manager Diego Simeone has ignored speculation over Griezmann’s future. (Goal.com)
Juventus don’t expect the future of Liverpool midfielder Emre Can to be decided until the summer. The 24-year-old Germany midfielder is out of contract at Anfield in July and could join the Italian giants on a free transfer. (Liverpool Echo)
The president of Greek club PAOK Salonika invaded the pitch after his side were denied a last-minute goal on Sunday and appeared to be carrying a gun. (Sun)
Arsenal face competition from Napoli and Roma in their bid to sign 19-year-old French goalkeeper Alban Lafont from Toulouse. (L’Equipe – in French)
The Gunners are ready to loan out 18-year-old duo Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson. (Mirror)
Barcelona and Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 30, said the club would welcome back Paris St-Germain forward Neymar amid rumours the 26-year-old Brazil forward wants to leave the Ligue 1 side. (ESPN)
Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez will do all he can to sign on-loan Chelsea winger Kenedy, 22, on a permanent deal this summer. The Brazilian scored twice for the Magpies on Saturday. (Northern Echo)
Benitez will review Serbia striker Aleksandar Mitrovic’s future at the club in May following the 23-year-old’s superb goalscoring run while on loan at Championship side Fulham. (Newcastle Chronicle)
West Brom boss Alan Pardew will have talks with the club’s owners on Monday to determine whether he will remain in charge. (Guardian)
Baggies goalkeeper Ben Foster “feels sorry” about Pardew’s plight at The Hawthorns. (Express & Star)
West Ham’s owners have demanded talks with Mayor of London Sadiq Khan and said they will not be bullied out of attending matches at London Stadium. (Mirror)
Hammers co-owner David Gold was left in tears after fan protests at their game against Burnley on Saturday. (Sky Sports)
West Ham captain Mark Noble is highly unlikely to face retrospective action after he clashed with a fan on the pitch. (Mail)
Monaco’s Portugal midfielder Rony Lopes, 22, has said he would like to return to Manchester City in the future, having left the club in 2015. (Manchester Evening News)
Sunderland manager Chris Coleman said he “had to take a gamble” with their January signings after the club continued to struggle following their arrival at the Stadium of Light. (Sunderland Echo)