Does your living room look boring or drab and you want to add some pizzazz to it?
Do you want to turnaround the look of your living room?
Then here are Top 7 Interior Design Ideas for your Living rooms that can help you spice up your space!
1. Statement Rug: A statement rug can immediately make your living room look stylish. You can pair up a patterned or statement rug with neutral furniture pieces.
Closely related to this is also knowing how to effectively arrange your furniture on the rug. You can either arrange your furniture all on the centre rug, you can arrange all off the centre rug, or you can arrange it with just the front feet of your furniture pieces on the rug.
2. Bring the Light in: You can replace your heavy curtains with sheer curtains in order to bring in the light to your room. With sheer curtains, natural light can come into your living room easily.
3. Give your furniture some breathing room: Avoid moving your furniture close to the wall and give your room some breathing space.
This will help people to be able to manoeuvre around with ease. A stuffed living room doesn’t always look and feel appealing.
4. Mix Patterns: go creative and mix and match patterns. One of the ways you can safely miss and match patterns is by mixing patterns in the same colour scheme.
5. Choose your paint colour last: It might be tempting to choose your paint colour before buying your furniture or curtains or even shelves. It is important that everything synchronizes harmoniously. You don’t want a situation where you choose a paint colour then you need to repaint because it doesn’t match with other items in your living room.
6. Art Works: Get the right artwork for your space. Placing an art work where it doesn’t fit looks unappealing and it covers the beauty of the artwork.
You need to also ensure that you hang the art work at the appropriate height. For instance, make sure the way you hang your art work relates to the human scale where the average human eye can easily settle on.
7. Accent Walls: every living room needs an accent wall that will act as the focal point of the room. You need to carefully choose this focal point and decorate it accordingly. Your accent wall needs to draw the right attention and it is often the first thing people notice when they come into your living room.
Do you need the right furniture pieces for your living room to make it stand out and depict your style?